Monday, March 1, 2010

The Bucket List

What would 2010 bring for me!!!

Although a bit late to put the mind to work, but the consistent thought of preparing a list of things to do till my end comes sounded like an excellent option.

In 2010, I look to prepare a list of all those things that I want, all those places that I would love to visit, all the scintillating food that my palate would like to devour and finally, the retirement plans would be thought upon.

With no random list as such (Although this is the Bucket List of Sorts), 2010 will give my personal life some direction. When I say personal, I dont know if I can take my better half to some of those places or be with my friends drinking the best of wine and cheese, All I can say is, this is me and I will be there in all those places.

To start of the list, I would love to visit “The Cotswolds”

The Cotswolds is a range of hills in west-central England, sometimes called the "Heart of England", an area 25 miles (40 km) across and 90 miles (145 km) long. The area has been designated as the Cotswold Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The highest point in the Cotswolds range is Cleeve Hill at 1,083 ft (330 m),[1] 2.5 miles (4 km) to the north of Cheltenham. The name Cotswold means either "sheep enclosure in rolling hillsides"[2] or it comes from the term "wold" meaning hills.

The rich green farms cover the land till where one’s vision can drop. The English are known to walk a lot and where else to do it better than here. There is a 250km long walk-way running through the hamlets and villages. More importantly, most of the distance passes through private land and that brings you closer to the real world of the people living here. The taste of bitter beer in one of the Inns would be a treat to my thirsty lips and when it’s all done, the famed English Tea by the fireplace would be the icing on the cake.

Hmmm, that’s one among the list of places I would want to go to.

Boy, this year’s going to be fun…

No comments: