Saturday, November 27, 2010

How am I being remembered?

The wise man says, Identity is built within the family and nurtured by friends. You groom yourself to be someone, to be identified as an individual and remembered by most. Like most people, my parents gave me an identity and my friends, from the distant past, nurtured them. All is perfect until after many years and a lot of distance between those friends, I kind of don’t know how they remember me as. Did I ever have an identity? When they think of me, how do they recollect me as a person? Guess I would never know!!!!

He was my class mate from school and was remembered to be highly energetic and smart. He was a hit with the fairer sex and on most days was seen mingling with them, more often than not. Dare I say that he is no more like that! As we moved on to college, his love for music and dancing brought him, more and more company and friends, but he never gave up on the older ones. I always remember him for his patience and light heartedness. He is truly a great friend and in the spirit of F1, I would never mind taking P2, if he was P1. A Hugh Hefner of the 21st century, he is the real Iceman for me...

My one time neighbour and ‘Dog-Walking buddy’ was the coolest of all. He was nicknamed Viper, keeping his crazy, but controlled, driving skills in mind and if you ever wanted to experience NFS for real, you better strap up your seat belts in his company and breeze through the winding sub-urban roads. His decisions, thinking and actions were truly a few years ahead of time. I always secretly admired his wisely words and matured decisions. He has been an inspiration for all and has always been there for all, let it be family or friends. He is the closest thing to the wise man for me...

His dressing was refined and he spoke only when needed, like a true gentleman. I never understood him completely, I guess most of us never did, but whatever we could understand of him, he was simply amazing. He always had an air of mystery surrounding him which would keep all thinking. He always sported a smile on his face. A man of few words but limitless style. The way he would hold the glass or get his suit stitched to fit or hold the cigarette, it was always noticed and tried out. He is no less than the James Bond of the circle and truly reflects the DON in his style...

Many still believe he is not grown by the years and his actions justify the child in him. The joker, peacemaker, lover-boy or just the kid-from-the-block who can keep us all in splits, at any time of the day or night. His sense of humour did get irritating on most days but to think about it now, he brought us all on neutral ground. He was never taken seriously and always had an opinion, which may or may not fit the situation. In the end of the day, eyes wide open starring at the ceiling; I wish I could be like him for one day and understand what would make him so jovial, always...

Who am I in the scheme of things!!! I would never know. Guess I never had an identity to fit in the group. Guess I am never remembered, and that’s why we are no more together...

NOTE: See what a free mind can do, it takes you to the deepest & darkest corners of your human self and makes you feel so lonely. Try it, it helps realising you have much more than you actually need. We have memories that keep us alive and ticking every day.

What did you think of today???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice one...i liked the way u express ur emotions...really cool one.Gangotri